Apply as a partner or spouse
To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over.
Your partner must also either:
• be a British citizen
• have settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence)
• have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.
You must be able to prove one of the following:
• you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK
• you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
• you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving If you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
You must prove that:
• any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended
• you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK
You won’t be able to work during your engagement.
You’ll get permission to stay for 2.5 years or for 6 months if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.
After this you’ll need to apply to extend your stay.
Our team can conduct the eligibility assessment on your case and offer the best advice to prepare and submit the visa application with end to end support. As we are authorized to legally represent your application, we can offer our professional and dedicated services to ensure the success of your visa application.